Last updated: May 1st, 2021
1. How we collect your data:
For the most part, we collect personal information directly from you, such as:
- We will collect your information when you sign up for our services. This can include your name, email, payment and billing information.
- If you sign up to our newsletter, we will collect your email address.
- When you contact us for support via email, we may collect your email address for the purpose of communicating with you.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We may also automatically collect information when you visit our website. See Cookies & Targeted Advertising to learn more.
2. The information we collect about you:
The type of information we collect depends upon your engagement with us. We collect the information set out at Appendix A and Appendix B about you when you visit our website and use our Services.
How we use your information:
We use your personal information to:
Facilitate account creation and logon processes: By subscribing to our Services, we will use your information to create your account and provide you access to our Service.
Provide, administer and manage our Services: We use your information to provide you with the requested services.
Send you administrative, marketing and promotional communications. The email you provide when signing up to our services may be used to send you information, and regarding your membership subscription. We may also send you news, updates and information we feel is in your interest to know. We will use your contact information to notify you of information related to any payments or information regarding your membership plan. If we feel it necessary, we may use your contact information to give you updates to your subscription and any updates/changes we make to the website and membership plans etc. Any information we send to you will be deemed by us to be relevant to you. By signing up to our newsletter, you are giving us explicit consent to send you information about the company on a regular basis. You are free to opt-out of this at any time by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ feature in any marketing communications
Process online payments. We, and our third-party service providers, use your payment information, address and name to process online payments.
Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests or location.
Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services or our website.
Protect our website and our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our website and Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
Improve Viva Reviews and the website. We will use your information to better understand our customer needs, improve our Services, website and to develop new Services.
To respond to legal requests. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
4. Cookies & Targeted Advertising:
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again if you leave any further comments. These cookies will last for one year.
When you log in, we will set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select ‘remember me’ your login will persist for one month. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies; however, the “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will explain how you can stop accepting cookies and how to turn off existing cookies.
Online behavioural advertising. Online interest-based advertising means programs that decide which ads you might like to see based on non-sensitive information from your online activities, such as the actions you take when you visit this website as well as other websites. This data helps us and our ad partners understand your interests in order to display ads that you might enjoy. We also participate in network advertising programs that display advertising about our Services, as well as other unaffiliated advertisers.
You can opt-out of network advertising programs that track your activities across multiple websites to deliver personalized advertising content to you. To opt-out, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Page: http://youradchoices.ca/understanding-online-advertising
5. Who we share your data with:
Sell the Trend may share or disclose information with:
Third-party vendors. We share information collected from the website and Services with third-party vendors who act on our behalf and require such information to do that work. For example, we use third-party vendors to host the website; to process payments, to store data, to conduct surveys; and to help us with our promotional efforts. Or visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Your user location and IP address may be collected by third party services enabled on our website. This information is not stored by us. These third-party vendors may need information about you to perform their functions.
Governments, agencies or law enforcement. We may disclose your information when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, a court order or a subpoena. We may also disclose your information to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect the security of our website or Services; to enforce or apply our online Terms & Conditions or other agreements; or to protect our own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of our users or others.
6. The rights you have over your data:
You have certain rights with respect to your personal information subject to the applicable privacy legislations of your country of residence. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Account updating. You may log into your account and update certain details of your profile on your own.
- Right of access. You may have the right to request access to the information we have about you and to request supporting information explaining how the personal information is used. To do so, email us at [email protected]
- Right of rectification. You may have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information about you. To do so, email us at [email protected]
- Email marketing. If you have opted-in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish for us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by clicking “unsubscribe” in the promotional email or email us at [email protected] However, we may still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
- Targeted Advertising. Third parties using information to provide targeted advertising may provide you with additional choices about how they use your information or ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of several third party ad servers' and networks' cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
- Withdrawing consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use and disclose your personal information, subject to legal restrictions. To withdraw your consent, contact us at [email protected] You can cancel your membership with us at any time and we will no longer use your information. We do however, have the right to obtain your data for any legal, security or administrative purposes if deemed necessary. This will never be longer than is required or permitted by law.
7. California Privacy
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. You have the right to request that businesses subject to the CCPA (which may include our Members with whom you have a relationship) disclose certain information to you about their collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. In addition, you have the right to ask such businesses to delete Personal Information collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. If the business sells Personal Information, you have a right to opt-out of that sale. Finally, a business cannot discriminate against you for exercising a CCPA right.
When offering services to its Members, Sell The Trend acts as a “service provider” under the CCPA and our receipt and collection of any consumer Personal Information is completed on behalf of our Members in order for us to provide the Service. Please direct any requests for access or deletion of your Personal Information under the CCPA to our support email.
Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your applicable CCPA rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide you a different quality of services. If we ever offer a financial incentive or product enhancement that is contingent upon you providing your Personal Information, we will not do so unless the benefits to you are reasonably related to the value of the Personal Information that you provide to us.
8. Third party links:
We may include or offer third party services on our website. These third party sites have independent privacy policies, and therefore we hold no responsibility over the actions and activities of these sites and how they handle your personal information.
9. How we protect your data:
We use reasonable physical, administrative, and technical measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, modification, theft and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, such as your own account, you are responsible for keeping it confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
10. Where we store your data:
The majority of your personal information is collected, used, processed and stored in the United States. However, some of your personal information may be collected, used, processed, transferred and / or stored outside your country of residence and subject to laws of that jurisdiction. You expressly acknowledge and consent to the above mentioned data activities outside of your country of residence.
11. How long we retain your data
- For users registered on our website, we store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You have the ability to see, edit or delete this information at any time, excluding the change of usernames. Website administrators also have the ability to see and edit this information.
- If you leave a comment, the comment itself, and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is for the purpose of recognizing and approving any follow-up comments automatically, rather than holding them in a moderation queue.
12. Embedded content from other websites:
- Articles on this site may include embedded content such as videos, images and articles etc.
- Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you had visited said website.
13. Changes to our Policy:
- You have the opportunity to review the policy at any time, before deciding on whether or not to continue to use our services.
By using our website and/or signing up to our services you give us consent to all of the above.
14. Contact Us
|Category of personal information||Personal information collected|
|Information collected when you register for an account / membership with us.||Your email address, username and password.|
|Information collected when you subscribe to our Services.||Your name, address, email address, telephone number, username, password, any additional notes you provide, payment information such as credit card details, business-related details, such as name of your online business.|
|Information collected when you subscribe for the latest alerts and information.||Your name, email address|
|Information collected when you use our online Services.||Your name, details about your online retail store, how you use our Services, the features you use, the time spent on our Services|
|Special categories of personal data.||We do not collect special categories of information.|
Personal information we collect, use and share
|Identifiers||Name, username, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers||Collected online or offline when you directly provide it to us.||The purpose of the collection is listed above in the How we use personal information section.||Shared with our vendors and service providers.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||Name, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. (Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.)||Collected online when you directly provide it to us.||The purpose of the collection is listed above in the How we use personal information section.||Shared with our vendors and service providers.|
|Commercial information||Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Collected online when you directly provide it to us.||The purpose of the collection is listed above in the How we use personal information section.||Shared with our vendors and service providers.|
|Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics||Not collected||N/A||N/A|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Information on a customer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Collected online when you directly provide it to us or from third parties.||The purpose of the collection is listed above in the How we use personal information and in the Cookies & Targeted Advertising sections.||Shared with our vendors, advertising partners and service providers.|
|Geolocation data||General location, such as postal code and city.||Collected online when you directly provide it to us or from third parties.||The purpose of the collection is listed above in the How we use personal information section.||Shared with our vendors and service providers.|
|Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||Not collected||N/A||N/A|
|Non-public education information||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution.||Not collected||N/A||N/A|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Gender, preferences, inferences from how you use our Services||Collected online or when you directly provide it to us or from third parties.||The purpose of the collection is listed above in the How we use personal information section.||Shared with our vendors, and service providers.|